Best way to lose weight

Ayurvedic Weight Loss Ideas


I have a collection of about 20 – 30 Ayurvedic health books.  Many have suggestions for weight loss that are relatively unusual compared to conventional Western medicine doctrine.  Do they work?  I think some of them really do.  Here are some of my favorites:

1.  Eat cooked food.  This is supposed to help speed up the metabolism.  I think this really does work.  If I eat raw fruits of vegetables I have them with a vinegar, yogurt or ranch dressing to help counteract any bacteria on the washed but uncooked produce.

2.  Get more sunshine.  This is also suppose to speed up your metabolism.

3.  Avoid nuts and other foods high in fat. I really like nuts so this one is hard for me to do but probably good advice.

4.  Avoid sleeping during the day.  This slows down your metabolism.

5.  Drink hot water during the day.  This one is easy enough to do, so I’m going to give it a try.  I don’t see much of a downside.

6.  Avoid cold foods as these are thought to slow down your metabolism.  I’ve started asking for water with no ice at restaurants. I don’t know if it helps but I’m not a fan of ice anyway. I never put ice in my drinks at home.

source: womenshealthmag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Friends Ask your doubts with Comments.”